2009年1月11日 星期日

[詩] 泰戈爾

If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.
如果你因錯過太陽而哭泣,那麼你也會錯過群星了。

Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.
憂傷在我心中沉靜下來,宛如降臨在寂靜山中的夜色。

The mistery of creation is like the darkness of light--it is great.
Delusions of knowledge are like the fog of the morning.
創造的神秘,有如夜的黑暗──它是偉大的,而知識的幻影卻如清晨之霧。

We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
我們最謙卑時,才最接近偉大。

Thank the flame for its light, but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.
感謝火焰的光明,但別忘了執燈人,他正堅忍地站在黑暗之中。

Tiny grass, your steps are small, but you possess the earth under your tread.
小草阿,你的足跡雖小,然而你卻擁有腳下的土地。

The poet wind is out over the sea and the forest to seek his own voice.
詩人的風,穿越海洋和森林,找尋它自己的歌聲。

The scabbard is content to be dull when it protects the keenness of the sword.
刀鞘在保護刀的鋒利時,自己也滿足於它的駑鈍。

The cloud stood humbly in a corner of the sky.
The morning crowned it with splendour.
The dust receives insult and in return offers her flowers.
白雲謙遜地站在天之一際。晨光冠之以輝煌。
泥土飽受侮辱,卻以花朵作為回報。

I cast my own shadow upon my path, because I have a lamp that has not been lighted.
我將影子投射在前方的路上,因為我還有一盞尚未燃亮的燈。

Not hammer-strokes, but dance of the water sings the pebbles into perfection.
不是槌的打擊,而是水的歌舞,使得鵝卵石更臻完美。

Leisure in its activity is work.
富含活力的閒暇就是工作。

There is one among those stars that guides my life through the dark unknown.
繁星中有一顆星,引導我的生命去穿越那未知的黑暗。

My thought shimmer with these shimmering leaves
and my heart sings with the touch of this sunlight;
my life is glad to be floating with all things into the blue of space, into the dark of time.
我的思想隨著這些閃亮的綠葉而閃耀著;
我的心伴著陽光的撫摸而歡唱;
我的生命因與萬物一同遨遊在空間的湛藍、時間的墨黑中而感到歡喜。

By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
摘下花瓣,並不能得到花的美麗。

The small truth has words that are clear; the great truth has great silence.
渺小的真理可以用文字講明白,而偉大的真理卻保持沉默。

I am the autumn cloud, empty of rain, see my fullness in the field of ripened rice.
我是秋天的雲,空空無雨,但在成熟的稻田裡,可以看見我的充實。

Sit still, my heart, do not raise your dust.
靜坐吧,我的心,不要揚起你的灰塵。

"I cannot keep your waves," says the bank to the river,
"Let me keep your footprints in my heart."
河岸對河流說:「我留不住你的浪花,就讓我把你的足跡留在心裡吧!」

The song feels the infinite in the air, the picture in the earth,
the poem in the air and the earth;
for its words have meaning that walks and music that soars.
歌聲在天空中感到無限,圖畫在大地上感到無限;
而詩,無論在空中,或是在地上都感覺無限,
因為詩的語言會舞動,詩的音韻會飛翔。

Set the birds' wings with gold and it will never again soar in the sky.
把黃金繫在鳥翅上,鳥兒將永遠不能翱翔於天際。

Dark clouds become heaven's flowers when lissed by light.
烏雲被光明親吻時,就成了天上的花朵。

Find your beauty, my heart, from the world's movement, like the boat that has the grace of the wind and the water.
我的心啊,從世界的轉動中尋找你的美吧,就如那小舟擁有風與水的優雅一般。

Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love.
讓死者有不朽的聲名,而讓生者有不朽的愛戀。

(God)Thou crossest desert lands of barren years to reach the moment of fulfillment.
〈上帝〉您穿越了歲月貧瘠的沙漠,抵達了圓滿的瞬間。


Once I dreamt that we were dear to each other.
I wake up to find that we were strangers.
夢裡,我們彼此相親;醒了,其實與你未曾相識。

What you are you do not see, what you see is your shadow.
 
妳看不見自己,妳只看得見自己的影子。

Her sunshine smiles upon the winter days of his heart,
never doubting of its spring flowers.
她的陽光對著他心中的冬日微笑,從不懷疑它是否會綻放春日的花朵。

Make me thy cup and let my fullness be for thee and for thine.
讓我做你的杯,且將我的滿盈奉獻給你,和你的一切。

You smiled and talked to me of nothing
and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.
你笑著對我不發一語,而我卻覺得為此已等候許久。

Lead me in the center of thy silence to fill my heart with songs.
領我至你靜寂之心中,讓我的心中充滿頌歌。

Love crowns you so shall he crucify you.
愛既加冕於你,也必定使你釘上十字架。

Dark clouds become heaven's flowers when kissed by light.
只因陽光的一吻,烏雲變成天堂之花。

Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.
夏天的漂鳥,來到我的窗前,發出啁啾歌聲,然後翩然離去。

And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs,
flutter and fall there with a sign.
秋日的黃葉,沒有歌唱,只一聲嘆息,便飄落而下。

Do not seat your love upon a precipice because it is high.
別將愛放在懸崖邊,因為那裡太高了。

He puts off his mask to his lovers.
He becomes small as one song, as one kiss of the eternal.
他卸下他的面具,交給他的愛人;
於是他馬上變得渺小如一首歌,或一個永恆的吻。

Life finds its wealth by the claims of the world,
and its worth by the claims of love.
生命在世界的呼求中找到財富,在愛的呼求中找到價值。